Friday, April 02, 2010

A Two Way Street

»«

A while back I said to a guy I was interested in at the time that dating sometimes feels like a long, empty street, and that in getting to know him I felt like I was seeing someone coming towards me from the opposite direction of the street, and that it was a very nice feeling. He said he really liked the analogy, and it kind of stuck with me for a few days... until it became clear that he was intent on passing me by, which he did, never to be heard from again.

Clearly my analogy was flawed. If someone's coming at you from the opposite direction, either you'll move out of your lanes and collide with each other or you'll stay in your lanes and pass each other by. I've been in a few head-on collisions that have left their fair share of scars, but luckily none of them were fatal.

At the end of the day I think the ideal is to find someone who's going in the same direction at the same speed, and the best way to do that is to get in the same car. It saves petrol too.

"but it's a long road that goes on and on
and it drives and divides my flesh from your thorn"
- Tori Amos  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails