It has been a rather dreary day in Cape Town so far weather-wise; although I usually enjoy the rain, today I'm actually in the mood for sunshine. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful, however. I went to the beach to watch the sunset, and although it was quite chilly and I had to wear four layers because I am always 5°C colder than everyone else, it was simply lovely. I never get tired of watching sunsets.
It also struck me how early the sun sets these days and how quickly time goes by. I tend to be a bit "slow" in my experience of time. I always think there's more of it than there really is, and when it comes to changes I usually adjust slower than others. So that's why I found myself rather surprised that we're heading into the middle of April and the sun now sets behind Robben Island, moving a little bit north on the horison as winter approaches.
Time goes by so quickly and things change before you know it. I try more and more to appreciate it when it's there, but sometimes I forget.
"if those harbour lights had just been
a half a mile inland
who knows what I would have done"
- Tori Amos




No comments:
Post a Comment