Is it true that as we get older we become more conservative? I think it's certainly different for everyone, but in my case I think it's true in certain senses. Since I've started this blog, I've had several trips down memory lane reading through old blogs and journal entries and I've realised how different the tone is of how I write now compared to how I wrote 7 years ago, for example. I hesitate to say I'm more reserved now than I used to be, but in a way its true. I'm much more hesitant to write about very personal matters than I used to be, and I'm not quite sure why.
I am always conscious not to care too much what people think. People-pleasing is a disease that I've suffered from many times. So can it be that I've unconsciously become more reserved because I've started to worry what people would think of me if I wrote about more personal things? Perhaps it's time I ressurect my younger self, be a little more daring and voice my feelings more clearly. And maybe think less... thinking has always been my Achilles heel.
No comments:
Post a Comment