Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Guilty Pleasures
The best way to soothe a bruised heart, I've discovered, is to immerse myself in distracting pleasures. These includes lots of tea, oatmeal cookies, favourite movies, Kate Bush and the company of friends and family. Oh, and not to forget the winter sun. This time around I've taken to watching Pride & Prejudice about five hundred times. Infatuating myself with Fitzwilliam Darcy is pleasantly occupying and he's not bad to look at. His manner is somewhat reminiscent of what I'm trying to distract myself from, so it's not quite as successful as it could be.
Also, I'm taking in every film and television appearance Bradley Cooper has ever made. Unfortunately, there is no cure for the current condition of my heart and only time, gratitude and love will fully restore it. Until then, frequent side-trips to fantasy land are not unwarranted.
"don't ever think that you can't change the past and the future
you might not, not think so now,
but just you wait and see... someone will come to help you"
- Kate Bush
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment